2 May 2023
ICAEW’s ‘Background should be no barrier: Strengthening social mobility in the accountancy profession’
John Craven, Director of the Social Mobility Commission, will be delivering the keynote speech at the Institute of Chartered Accountants, England & Wales’ (ICAEW) next event ‘Background should be no barrier: Strengthening social mobility in the accountancy profession’.
The benefits of having a socially diverse workforce are immense. This event will seek to inspire and empower attendees to make changes that improve their organisation’s workplace diversity. In addition to a keynote speech from John Craven, this event will include an interactive Q&A session with distinguished speakers:
- The Rt. Hon Justine Greening
- Jayne Owen, President, CIPFA
- Julia Penny, President, ICAEW
- Nik Miller, Chief Executive, Bridge Group
- Vincent Egunlae, Mergers & Acquisitions, Grant Thornton
The evening will include hosted roundtable discussions to help support attendees and their organisations to implement a plan, and to guide them through the process. The event will be facilitated by Marcia Dyce, Diversity and Inclusion Communities Manager, ICAEW.
At this event attendees will:
- Enhance their understanding of the benefits of a socially diverse workforce.
- Take part in roundtable discussions to help support them in their commitment to drive social mobility monitoring.
- Gain insight into how to take action to make more inclusive engagement and recruitment policies.
- Have the opportunity for networking and a drinks reception.
- Have the opportunity to participate in a Q&A with the expert panel.
You can book your free ticket for this event here on ICAEW’s website.