- You are here:
- Social Mobility Events
- Social Mobility Employers Masterclass Series: Data
3 December 2020
Social Mobility Employers Masterclass Series: Data
In the last of our masterclass series, we will be exploring Data with the Bridge Group. This session follows the launch of our new guidance, which makes measuring socio-economic diversity in the workplace easier than ever – we will also be providing you with insights from that work.
Data drives smart recruitment and will help shape your plans at every step, but measuring it accurately is often the biggest barrier that employers face. It doesn’t matter where you are on your journey – it is key to establishing what changes you may need to make to drive change. It also serves as a benchmark for measuring progress, and to celebrate any successes along the way.
This session will take the form of:
- A presentation by the Social Mobility Commission, leading advocates for social mobility in England, on our newly released guidance.
- Short case studies from the BBC, Clifford Chance, Compass Group and Fast Stream. These organisations are all at different ‘data maturity stages’.
- A presentation by the Bridge Group, a non-profit consultancy that uses research to promote social equality. They will run though how best to use the data you collect.
- An interactive workshop for employers in which to explore ideas, share insights and tackle some of the challenges.
We hope that you will be able to join us and thank you for being committed to driving real change in the social mobility space.
Event date: 3 December 2020
Latest news and blogs
Employer newsletter – 9 March 2023
If you want to receive regular updates from us, please complete this form here to join our mailing list. We’ve previously shared with you a number of upcoming employer masterclasses, and we’re delighted to now update you on a further session on Outreach. Join us in the coming months to find out more about Storytelling, Accent Bias […]
📢 OUT NOW: The latest #SocialMobilityTalks podcast!
In episode 2, Alun Francis and 3 expert guests debate the pros and cons of contextualised recruitment and admissions.
Listen now on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, or watch the video on Youtube!