24 March 2020 – Join us to drive sustainable change in social mobility – Sunderland
Be inspired to make change in 2020
24 March 2020 | 08:30 – 11:00 |
Beacon of Light | Stadium Park | Sunderland SR5 1SN
You are cordially invited to show your commitment to social mobility by attending our upcoming interactive event in your region. This is an unmissable event designed to introduce you to our new employer’s toolkit.
“The tools you will be given are both practical and proven. They work. They can be simple, low cost and relatively easy to do. And the rewards can be immense -not just to the individual, but also to the business.”
– Steven Cooper, Social Mobility Commissioner and CEO of C. Hoare and Co
The first of its kind, the employer’s toolkit is a practical guide which has been developed by the Bridge Group in close partnership with the Social Mobility Commission and a wide range of industry leaders to help transform your organisation’s culture.
This event has been specifically shaped to provide you:
- Exclusive access to the toolkit
- Knowledge and experience from our guest speakers
- Practical application through a working session, collectively sharing and shaping ideas to take solutions back to your organisations
Together we can improve social mobility.
“Employers have a role to play here. But you aren’t alone. Join us and others to learn together and help your organisation with this important agenda.”
– Sandra Wallace, Social Mobility Commissioner and Managing Director at DLA Piper
Other events in this series include:
Latest news and blogs
Social Mobility Data Masterclass – why you need to #AskTheQuestion
In our recent Social Mobility Data Masterclass, we explored the importance of collecting data on employee’s socio-economic backgrounds for creating effective diversity and inclusion strategies. You can watch the recording of the Social Mobility Data Masterclass here. We were joined by Andrew Young, Workforce Diversity Lead at the BBC; Cliff Sale, Social Mobility Programme Lead, […]
21 April for the launch event on our upcoming research paper:
Join us on 21 April for the launch event on our upcoming research paper: ‘Navigating the labyrinth’ – a comprehensive study on how socio-economic background shapes career #progression within the Civil Service, with key learnings for employers. Sign up to attend here ➡ https://lnkd.in/dUJ46Yr
Led by our Commissioner, Sam Freidman, the report sparks discussion about the unwritten rules to progression. It’s an example of the UK Civil Service taking the lead on #SocialMobility; acknowledging what more needs to be done and showing others how they can follow suit.
At the #LaunchEvent we’ll discuss the findings of the report and what it means for social mobility.
The event will be chaired by Sandra M Wallace, interim Co-Chair, Social Mobility Commission. Joining her on the #panel is:
• Professor Sam Freidman, Social Mobility Commission
• Nik Miller, Bridge Group
• Louise Ashley, Royal Holloway, University of London
• Dr Dave O’Brien, The University of Edinburgh
• Bernadette Kelly, Department for Transport (DfT), United Kingdom and Social Mobility Champion in the Civil Service
• Alex Thomas, Institute for Government
See you there!
#WhoGetsOnFind out more